22.9.08

Perception Test

I was browsing You-Tube today and came across an interesting clip on perception blindness. Here is a link to the video.

Before reading on, go ahead and view the video.

I had a number of my high school and middle school aged students watch it as well as some of my teacher colleagues. The interesting thing was that nearly 100% of my students were able to see more than just the ball being passed while my older colleagues totally missed seeing it the first time through which is amazing to me. Something as obnoxious and out in the open as a dancing gorilla and not noticing it right away is shocking.

I am interested to see how many in class see it the first time through.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Hey-
What's the name of the video? When I tried to click on the link it said it was unavailable for copyright reasons or something. Let me know so i can check it out.

Marissa

Dr. Z said...

It's not there anymore.