14.10.08

RSS Here I come! Part I

After listening and watching in class the power of the RSS feed, I thought I would give it a try and see what all the fuss is about. I chose google reader and igoogle as my own personal control station. In my google reader, I have subscribed to all of my classmates blogs, dr. Z reflects, EIT RWLD blog, 2 cents worth, weblog-ed, edublogs, coolcatteacher, engadget, and Steve Hargadon's blog. I grouped the different blogs into folders for easier access; my class-related blogs in one folder and the other blogs in another. I check the class related blogs daily while I check the others as I have time. I will continue to look at different blogs to see if I will want to subscribe to them. For right now I will not add any more.

My igoogle homepage is setup to have six tabs on it. They are: home, podcasts, free stuff, travel, sports, and technology. My homepage has been edited to include a theme and a few gadgets I found while exploring the site. Here is a screen shot of my home page:


The stage is now set for me to discover the power of RSS. Wish me luck!

No comments: