9.10.08

SL Tour Part II

Here are the last two stops on my tour of SL:

1. Sci Lands

http://slurl.com/secondlife/SciLands/46/48/23

SciLands is Second Life's new Science and Technology Continent. The nice thing about this world is that not only are there resources for Science and Technology Teachers, they also do a nice job of orientation for newbies to SL like myself. They had signs up for basic movement, chat, and even had some freebies to give away! I love freebies!


2. NASA eEducation Island



NASA eEducation Island is the pioneer site for NASA Education in Second Life. As part of the SciLands, the island is dedicated to science, technology, engineering and mathematics education using NASA mission content and best education practices. This is a great resource for my middle school exploratory on designing a lunar growth chamber. Nasa has a lot to offer in this world if you are into space. The screen shot is of me sitting on top of a space ship. I must admit I spent quite a bit of time just playing with all the fun stuff they have lying around their world including huge monitors that play youtube videos.


No comments: