21.10.08

RSS III

I have been using my RSS station for almost two weeks now. When I last blogged about my experience I was thinking about reorganizing how I have my igoogle set up. I had too much information being thrown at me so I edited down some of the RSS feeds I had been subscribing to.

Before, my sports tabs had many more gagets, including several from ESPN. Not only did I have all sports headlines, I also had specialty headlines like MLB, NFL, college football to name a few. I cut out all of the specialty gagets and have only included the major headlines from ESPN, SI, and FoxNews. I also eliminated two different gagets that gave live score updates. Here is a screen of my new sports tab:



I noticed after doing this I was not spending as much on my sports tab, which is a good thing. I needed to focus more on my work!

I read in Dave Graw's blog that he is using RSS to track the financial crisis on wall street. I'll have to talk to him about it in class since I tend to doze off when reading about it.

I also read in Paul Elser's blog about a blog he is following called PE for Children. This gave me the idea to look for a similar type blog in my subject area but so far my seraches have brought up no results. Who knows, maybe after a little more practice I'll start up a Technology Education Blog! You never know.

My next entry I hope to review my experiences using RSS.

No comments: